Monday, May 11, 2009

the last few days

These days, I seem to live my life from one weekend to the next. The week is a blur, with days merging into each other. Get up, get to work, look at laptop, travel a million hours, eat dinner, and sleep, invariably while on phone only to start the same routine again. Plus, I stay over at South Bombay all weekend long, so once I leave on Friday morning, I don’t get home till Monday night!

But weekends are good. With meeting friends and phone calls and D and places to visit and shopping to do! On Friday, went to D’s place from work. Had very nice dinner. Saturday was spent with Jo and a long lost college junior at Mondys. Loads of beer, loads of chicken, loads of good conversation and loads of reminiscing. And when I got my happy high, we headed to Marine Drive to Pizzeria where yummy pizzas were eaten. Sunday was a reasonably lazy day. Loads of lolling around. D and I landed up at Colaba again and beer and chicken was had at Leopold this time. Plus bought 3 brilliant tees. You know, the impractical ones that you are sure you’ll never wear, but the kinds that make you feel good when you see them hanging in your cupboard? The kind that almost inspire you to go the gym?

Also, D and I did brilliant grown up things. So we drove around in his dad’s shiny snooty car on Friday night all the way to Colaba and on Sunday he drove me around again. I think it won’t be very difficult for me to get used to a shiny snooty car lifestyle. In fact, I now demand being picked up instead of walking to his place which is 5 minutes away and things :)

On the work front things are going Ok I guess. Called up a million people at The Company and demanded they fill up my questionnaire. The pathetic intern act works. I got 5 responses in 2 hrs. :)

So basically, the last few days have been good! And just another 3 weeks to go. I'm going to miss being here!

No comments: